CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Odds and Ends

I really can't seem to keep up with this blog thing. My sister has been putting me to shame. One thing I need to do is take more pictures. I really haven't had a chance and nothing has really inspired me to take pictures since leaving so. ill. This picture is one of the few I have taken. I love to take pictures because nature inspires me. Nature is simple. That's what we should aspire for. Simplicity. For instance in this picture, the little flowers are reaching toward the sun. God created in us a desire for him. That is what we are ALL searching for. Unfortunately we fill that desire with everything BUT God. We don't want to admit that we need him and that it is our soul desire to reach for him and to worship him. If we would just look at Nature. These little flowers are reaching toward the sun seeking the SUN, pointing their petals toward the LIGHT in praise and worship. They NEED the sun. Psalm 148 helps me to see worship in Nature.


Psalm 148

Praise the Lord!Praise the Lord from the heavens;

praise him in the heights!

2Praise him, all his angels;

praise him, all his host!
3Praise him, sun and moon;

praise him, all you shining stars!

4Praise him, you highest heavens,

and you waters above the heavens!
5Let them praise the name of the Lord,

for he commanded and they were created.

6He established them for ever and ever;

he fixed their bounds,

which cannot be passed.*
7Praise the Lord from the earth,

you sea monsters and all deeps,

8fire and hail, snow and frost,

stormy wind fulfilling his command!
9Mountains and all hills,

fruit trees and all cedars!

10Wild animals and all cattle,

creeping things and flying birds!
11Kings of the earth and all peoples,

princes and all rulers of the earth!

12Young men and women alike,

old and young together!
13Let them praise the name of the Lord,

for his name alone is exalted;

his glory is above earth and heaven.

14He has raised up a horn for his people,

praise for all his faithful,

for the people of Israel who are close to him.

Praise the Lord!


On another note...last Friday, despite the cool temps and the light rain, we took our class to a Pumpkin Farm to pick pumpkins. They had a blast and I did too. I am really enjoying this job. Sometimes, I worry though that I am having too much fun with the kids. I keep having to remind myself that I am there to teach and to try and help their behavior. Being one of them isn't always the best thing. But it is fun and I don't think that they are disrespecting me. Here is a picture of the kids on the bus on our way down. My student is the one on in the red and black coat on the left. Mrs. Lewis is the teacher and then Debbie and Colleen are both Aides. We really enjoy working with one another and it is a great group. Mrs. Lewis is a long term sub who will be leaving us this week when Mrs. Kite returns from maternity leave. I haven't worked with Mrs. Kite, but I hope she is as patient and as flexible as Mrs. Lewis has been. I also hope that she is willing to put up me.

0 comments: