CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, Christmas came and went and my winter break is starting to wrap itself up. I spent all of last week at my parents house in Southern Illinois. It was a nice relaxing break from the city life. We live right by the South County Mall and traffic and tempers were at an all time high just before I left. It was nice to get away. I spent time with mom and dad, did a little hiking, met up with some high school friends, watched the Carbondale Holiday High School Basketball Tournament, oh and bought new tires. I had just purchased new tires last March, but apparently I got a bad batch and had to have them replaced. Luckily Sams warranty helped pay for them, but I still had to dish out 200.00 There goes my Christmas $$.



Overall, Christmas was very nice. It was a little quiet without having my sister and her famly there Christmas morning. We missed them.



I don't know what it is, but the past few days, I have felt a bit anxious. I think it's a combination of the prospect of going back to work on Thursday, returning to school next week and the real posibility that I could have a 2nd job coming up. I am nervous that I am going to have too much going on. I also increased my class load from 6 hours to 9 hours. That and my diet has been bad. Good healthy food is expensive and money is something that is spread pretty thin right now. I guess a second job will help. We'll see. One thing I do take courage in is that I know God won't sign me up for anything I can't handle. Maybe the reason I didn't get an interview for that 2nd job this fall was because I needed to take baby steps in returning to school so I didn't get too stressed out. He has a plan, he will give me the energy, focus, and strength if it's part of the plan. Also, school is different this go around. I am not doing it because I HAVE to. I am doing it because I WANT to.



Tonight is new years eve. A time to reflect on the past 365 days and a time to look forward to the next 366 days (leap year). I plan to do a blog on what I have learned and experienced in the past year and what I look forward to next year. I'll try not to wait until March to get it done. I wish you all a happy and SAFE new year!



AS always, here's a picture I took over Christmas in Ferne Cliff State Park by my parent's home in Goreville, IL. It's not great, but kind of funky looking.

1 comments:

Desiree Michelle said...

as usual your photography is awesome.

i hear ya about the anxiety. my job is about to get 100 times harder because the grandmother isn't going to be there all the time to help me with the boys anymore... but anyhow, i'll tell you the same thing i keep telling myself: do not be anxious or worry, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests before the Lord! :)
Also, something someone wise once said to me: God never said he wouldn't give you anything you can't handle-- he said he won't give you anything you can handle THROUGH HIM.