CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Walking in Memphis




This past weekend, I FINALLY had the chance to go see my sister and her growing family in Memphis. I hadn't been down since Thanksgiving. When you have a 4 year old and a 14 month old nephew, 3 months is an eternity. During those 3 months my sister also had her 3rd child, Leah Grace (Love) Johnson. The Love was given to her by Noah. When you would ask him the babies name, he would say, Leah Grace Love Johnson. He says Love is in there because he loves her. Leah is a beautiful baby and I am sure she will as big a blessing to my sister and her husband as the two boys have been.

I had a great weekend. Not only were my nephews happy, fun, and running all over the place, but the weather was amazing! I love visiting and really hope that someday the move closer to the Saint Louis area so I can see them more.

I don't know how my sister and her husband have the energy to keep up with Noah and Elijah.

So Saturday and Sunday the temps were in the mid 70's. Monday night in Saint Louis we get sleet, freezing rain and on Tuesday 7 inches of snow. Yet another snow day. It was the hardest I have seen it snow in my life. I am ready for spring. At least this weekend is daylight savings time. That puts spring right around the corner!

Monday night I started my small group with a group of about 6 guys. It's all about being and doing manly things, oh and also about the secrets that men keep. The first day went really well and I am looking forward to getting to know the guys better.

Finally, before I show off some new photos, I want to ask prayers for a friend of mine from college. He has had some pain in his groin area and after going to the doctor, he is going in for a biopsy in a week or so. Please pray that it's not Cancer.

Here are a few new photos, they weren't really planned, so they aren't great, but I love to photo that amazing artwork that God paints daily.

1 comments:

Desiree Michelle said...

congrats on the new niece and i'm glad you got to visit your sister.
i absolutely LOVE the picture you took of your nephew in the mirror-- that is a really great photo. :)

oh, and i'm glad you got to enjoy some nice weather before you were bombarded with that insane snow-storm. my parents sent me pictures, that was CRAZY!