CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm Moving!

Yep, God finally kicked me in the butt and said, Hey kid... you are trying to do WAY to much without my help. Have a little faith, I'll give you food, shelter, and a job.
For those of you that don't know. I have been living with my parents in the Carbondale area for the past few months. I quit my job last December intending to go back to school to pursue a degree in elementary education. Well, after taking an intro class at the local junior college, I decided I couldn't handle dealing with 30 kids by myself for 6-8 hours of the day. However, I still love working with youth and wanted to be in a school setting. I talked to a few school counselors and all of my spiritual gifts point to a career in counseling. So I looked around and found an evening Master's program in school counseling at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, MO. I decided that I would start looking for a job in St. Louis. First comes a job, then an apartment or place to live and then I register for school. I had decided I would shoot for this fall, but if I didn't find a job, that I would start in January. Well, I prayed for all of the above to happen. Nothing happened. Then one day last week, a bright light came on. God said, I am not going to give you all that you ask for because you wouldn't have any reason to trust in me. He said, register for class, trust that I will give you the rest. So on Friday I took the day off of work from my FABULOUS Blue Cross Blue Shield job, drove to St. Louis and signed up for class. Step one, check. Your turn God. Well,now I need a place to live. The BIG GUY answered, free apts/rooms started popping up. Yes, I said FREE! One was with an older woman who was offering an apartment in exchange for housework, the others were all friends offered their places for several months. Step two, check. After much torment about which opportunity to pursue, I realized that they were all gifts from GOD. "So what about that job, God?" Well, it so happens that I have a pretty good friend in O'Fallon, IL that is the Vice president of the School Board. I called him up asking about available jobs. He said there are 12 teachers aide positions available and to send my resume ASAP and he would try and pull some strings. SOOOO God is working on that third check.
Oh and during all of this, I get a message from my currect supervisor on Friday asking me to call him. He says we need to talk before I come into work on Monday. Immediately I am worried that he has discovered my plans. I call him and to my complete surprise he offers me a PROMOTION! So I tell him my plans and he understands and wishes me the best.
So I knocked on the door and God opened it wide. I am moving Labor Day weekend to O'Fallon, Illinois to live with a couple friends of mine for the fall. Please continue to pray that I keep hearing God's voice clearly, that I give HIM all the credit, and that I keep my eyes focused on his amazing love. Thank you to everyone who offered a room to sleep in. It was a difficult decision and I am blessed that I have such awesome friends to make my decision so difficult :)

2 comments:

Carin and Michael Schindler said...

What happened w/ the woman and the FREE apartment???? Confused? Another question - if you're moving Labor day weekend - Why did Angie invite us to your parent's house that weekend per you??? confused Fill me in.

Desiree Michelle said...

YAY ADVENTURE!
Living by faith is such an adrenaline rush, isn't it?? haha
i'm so glad God is movin' and shakin' in your life!
i totally miss you, though... you know ya'll are gonna have to make a trip to NOLA, soon right??